You don’t need a reason to help people. Let’s remember to be kind to one another. It isn’t always apparent on the outside when we are facing struggles on the inside. After all, when this is all over, all that will really matter is how we treated each other.
When we enter this world our Kindness IQ is intact. We can keep it that way through our actions. Kindness is like a muscle–it gets stronger the more you use it…or atrophies if you don’t.
You don’t need a reason to be kind to people. Instead, here are 25 suggestions and ideas of ways to be kind.
25 Ways to Be Kind.
- Smile and make someone’s day a little sweeter
- Look for ways you can promote peace
- Just listen
- Offer a hug or embrace
- Invite someone new into your friend tribe
- Send out a kind email or card
- Give someone a genuine compliment
- Help someone out in a practical way, just because
- Hold open the door for the person behind you
- Encourage a friend or family member when they are uncertain or unmotivated
- Make peace with someone that has hurt you
- Strike up a conversation with a stranger
- Let someone into your lane while driving
- Pay for the person behind you in line
- Give your time to a friend or someone who needs it
- Say Thank You and Please everyday without fail
- Meditate on lovingkindness: May you be happy, healthy, peaceful and free from suffering and may my actions in some way contribute to the happiness, health, peace and freedom for all
- Say “I love you” a little more often to your family and friends
- Pause before you speak–choose words with positive intention
- Help someone get some rest (watch their kids, run an errand, bring them dinner)
- Pick up litter you see thrown about even if it’s not yours
- Remove complaints and curses for one week
- Gift something meaningful to someone: loan a book, bring flowers, drop off cookies
- Make a donation
- Give up your seat or for that matter move your yoga mat in class with positive intent
I am dedicating myself to inspire everyone to bring Kindness to the forefront. Let’s be more active in our efforts not because we have to, but because we want to. And not even because others have been kind to us but because being nice is the way of the heart.
Kindness is always a choice. The more conditioned we are to respond with kindness, the more natural it becomes. It is on purpose with purpose. Today, join me in starting a Kindness movement and together we can raise our global Kindness IQ!
Love yourself, love your day, love your life!
Editor’s note: This is another inspiring guest post by Daily Cup of Yoga contributor Silvia Mordini, E-RYT, retreat leader, happiness coach, and yogipreneur. Enthusiasm to love your life is contagious around Silvia. Her expert passion connects people to their own joyful potential. Silvia lives her happiness in such a big way that you can’t help but leave her classes, workshops, trainings and retreats spiritually uplifted! Born in Ecuador, raised traveling around the globe, she is an enthusiastic citizen of the world and spiritual adventurer. She has over 10,000 hours and 15 years of teaching experience, owned a yoga studio for 9 years and after being run over by a car used yoga to recover physically and emotionally. Silvia leads Alchemy Tours Yoga Retreats and Alchemy of Yoga RYT200 Yoga Teacher Training.
Silvia can be reached on the Web at http://www.alchemytours.com and http://www.silviamordini.com; or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter: @alchemytours, @inspiredyogagal; Facebook: Silvia Mordini; YouTube: lovingyourday; Pinterest: Silvia Mordini; Intagram: alchemytours.